Age-Friendly City The Hague
As part of the Erasmus+ project AFE-Activists, older people from Austria, Germany, Italy and Lithuania will visit age-friendly city The Hague (The Netherlands) from 7th to 11th October 2019.
In 2014, The Hague was the first Dutch city to join the World Health Organisation’s network of age-friendly cities.
The aim of the study tour to The Hague is to learn more in practice what an age-friendly city could be, how to achieve this and what the processes were and to be inspired to realize likewise projects/ideas in their own country. The visiting older people are expected to actively participate, to make a report and to exchange their experiences with the older people back home.
In The Hague, the older people will visit the following persons, organisations or projects:
- City executive Kavita Parbhudayal: current state and future age-friendly The Hague
- Professor Urban Ageing, Joost van Hoof of The Hague University of Applied Sciences
- Living Room in the Neighbourhood, Laakse Lente, Leo and Netty Olffers (see also the compendium of good practices)
- iZi house: domotics and ehealth at home, explained by older people who use the ICT-solutions themselves
- Library in The Hague: storytelling by older people and project older people in the neighbourhood
- Sportcampus The Hague
- Community Centre Mandelaplein in Transvaal neighbourhood
- Dementheek: library where you can borrow things in case of dementia and living independently at home
- Haags Ontmoeten: Wellbeing in The Hague, against loneliness
- Older People’s Council of The Hague
- Civil servants of different departments at the City Hall of The Hague
Next to the visits there will be plenty of time for the group to get acquainted with each other and to exchange experiences. The group will also visit cultural events and will have a historical site-seeing through political and administrative The Hague.
The study tour is organized by AFEdemy, with the help of the municipality and many other persons.
More information: email@example.com; +31 6 51053949.