Age-Friendly-City The Hague
Since 2015 the city of The Hague is, as first city in The Netherlands, member of the WHO Global Network of Age-friendly Cities and Communities. Willeke van Staalduinen, and later AFEdemy, supports the municipality since 2016 with the following activities:
- The Hague as partner in international networks: maintenance profile of The Hague on the WHO website (https://extranet.who.int/agefriendlyworld/network/the-hague/), represent The Hague as member of the European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing, Action Group D4 – Age-friendly Buildings, Cities and Environments, and represent The Hague as member of the Covenant on Demographic Change; towards an age-friendly Europe.
- Age-friendly Cities Conference (October 2017): fill in the programme and invite international relations (See results at http://www.thehague-agefriendlycity.com/conference). The conference was very well visited, besides the Dutch audience, people came from places such as Brussels and Antwerp (BE), Manchester, Stockport, London (UK), Oslo (NO), New York (USA), Cork (IE), Basque Country (ES), Frankfurt (DE) and Paris (FR).
- Preparation of an advice on international relations to the new city executive: Since the local elections in 2018 a new action plan on age-friendly or senior-friendly action policy and measures has to be defined. The municipality assigned AFEdemy to support them with the international relations part of the action plan.
- Contribute to and disseminate publications of the city. Such as OldGold (BladGoud) (https://getoud.nl/portfolio/bladgoud/), magazine on 4 years The Hague age-friendly city. And other publications: https://www.denhaag.nl/nl/zorg-en-ondersteuning/zorg-voor-elkaar/seniorvriendelijke-stad-den-haag.htm.
- To support the Municipality of The Hague in their position as Age-Friendly City
☒ Outdoor spaces and buildings
☒ Social participation
☒ Transport and mobility
☒ Social inclusion and non-discrimination
☒ Civic engagement and employment
☒ Communication and information
☒ Community and health services
Civil servants of the municipality, older people of The Hague and stakeholders
- Maintenance profile of The Hague on the WHO website https://extranet.who.int/agefriendlyworld/network/the-hague/
- Program and invitation to the Age-friendly Cities Conference (October 2017): http://www.thehague-agefriendlycity.com/conference
- Dissemination of publications of the city: